We are looking for a knowledgeable individual who is focused and driven towards providing exceptional customer service. Reporting to Store Manager, the Computer Repair Technician will be responsible for handling various desktop, laptop, tablets computers and other device related troubleshooting, diagnostics, solutions and repairs. The ideal candidate should also have the basic knowledge of computer networking & hardware (LAN, WAN, Wireless Network configurations, desktop/laptop and hardware configurations RAM, CPU, HDD/SSD, device drivers, MAC OS etc.)
Employer: 1152770 BC Ltd. dba uBreakiFix, Kelowna
Salary: $32.50/ hour
Job Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Experience: 1 year of relevant work experience
Start date of employment: As soon as Possible
Minimum Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years computer information systems or information technology is preferred
Positions Available: 1
Job Title: Computer Repair Technician
Job Location: 10-1470 Harvey Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1Y 9K8
– Interact with customers who bring their computer devices (desktop computers, laptops, macbooks, gaming PCs, tablet devices or cellular devices) in store and understand problems/issues they face and make notes accordingly.
– Diagnose the issues using tech manuals, Microsoft web manuals or online forums and with own prior experience and suggest the best solution to customers’ along with the price quote
– Provide online support to various customers over the phone and/or phone calls in order to diagnose and/or resolve technical issues such as any issues they are facing with computer hardware, installed software or device drivers
– Provide software or hardware related support to customers like problems they face with their installed applications or softwares, tablets, desktop or laptop computers or any other devices such as routers, switches, wireless routers, etc.
– Provide support for various computer operating system configurations and provide support to various customers facing any such issues
– Maintain a log notating support issues in an excel sheet/ database application and prepare a meaningful report to be discussed with business manager on a monthly basis
– Perform any other computer service or repair related duties as per manager’s instructions
– Knowledge of desktop computer, laptop and tablet parts and issues with software, operating system and device drivers etc.
– Knowledge of Mac OS, desktop applications, MS Office and MS Windows OS
How to Apply:
Please e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org