Company Name: 116613 Coffee and Food Service Corporation DBA Aidan’s Cafe
Term of Employment: Permanent, full-time
Language of work: English
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 40 hrs per week
Location of work: #120-1055 W Hasting St. Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
Apply by email: email@example.com
Located on the ground floor of the iconic Guinness Tower in the heart of downtown Vancouver, 116613 Coffee and Food Service Corporation operates a high-quality food and coffee bar “Aidan’s Cafe”. We are currently seeking for a full-time cook to join our esteemed team.
• Prepare and arrange food according to standards set;
• Oversee kitchen operations;
• Participate in menu planning and ensure food meets quality standards;
• Supervise, train, assist and guide line cooks and junior kitchen staff as required;
• Estimate food requirements and food costs;
• Control food cost by minimizing spoilage, waste and exercising portion control;
• Maintain a clean and organized work area and ensure proper food safe procedures are followed by all staff;
• Ensure fridges, freezers and work area are left in a tidy and organized manner;
• Monitor food holding, fridge and freezer temperatures;
• Ensure food is properly stored and wrapped;
• Maintain effective communication within the kitchen;
• Other duties as assigned.
• A high school diploma is required;
• A completion of a three-year apprenticeship program, trade certificate of equivalent credentials in hospitality, culinary restaurant management, or minimum 3 years of cooking experience in a professional kitchen is required;
• Experience in a high volume cooking is preferred;
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
• Must be reliable, capable of following instructions and responding to management guidance, and should be receptive to performance feedback from the management;
• Possesses excellent time management abilities and strong multitasking skills;
• Ability to lift 25 kg;
• Ability to work standing for 8-hour shifts, and overtime as required;
• Food Safe certification or equivalent, required to complete within 6 months of start date.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.