PERMANENT POSITION: Long Haul Truck Driver
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend
Wage rate: $27.00 hourly, 50.00 Hours per week. Overtime will be paid after 60 hours.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: 7125 Brown Street, Delta, BC V4G 1G8
(Selected candidates would be working from various locations across Canada)
Number of positions available: 15
Education: Not Required
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s Licence (Class 1, A and Z Preferred)
Experience: No experience required. We will provide paid training to eligible candidates.
Languages: Basic Knowledge of English
Type of Travel: Long haul, regional, national
• Oversea Loading and Unloading of Goods
• Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks for transportation of goods and materials
• Plan travel schedules and routes and obtain required documentation to travel goods
• Perform any maintenance required.
• Drive as part of two-person team or convoy.
• Maintain Log book for each trip.
• Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of dump truck.
• Monitor vehicle performance, mechanical fitness and break adjustments.
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test.
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Finding information, Significant use of memory, Continuous learning
Other: Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada. We welcome applications from Aboriginals and New Immigrants.
Employer: AC Transport Ltd.
Mail: 7125 Brown Street, Delta, BC V4G 1G8