The company is looking for an experienced and dynamic Accounting Technician who can maintain complete sets of books, keep records of accounts, verify the procedures used for recording financial transactions, and provide personal bookkeeping services. Additionally, this will play a vital role in outlining and guiding the company through transition to cloud accounting services.
Following duties are part of this role:
- Lead the company with setting expectations for needs and deliverables
- Gather, analyze and process client data during data migrations
- Set-up client databases in the new cloud accounting software to align with the company processes and procedures
- Develop an understanding of the company financial workflow and processes and align with the company processes (e.g., reconciliation of bank balances and credit card transactions , processing of sales and purchases invoices, overseeing payroll processing and recording ad hoc adjusting entries on a regular basis utilizing cloud-based software and apps)
- Provide as-needed follow-up training sessions
- Configure cloud accounting systems and software features to suit company specific needs
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using company current practices
- Support the conversion approach and execute implementation related tasks including pre-migration data validation, accounting system configuration, data migration and post migration data validation
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and
prepare financial statements
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers’ compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents
- Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field or completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program (e.g., Chartered Accounting, Certified General Accounting) or courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk are required.
- Clear understanding of bookkeeping and internal finance processes using cloud accounting software
- Experience working with cloud-based accounting software; Xero, Sage 50, Quickbooks online, NetSuite
- Experience with software integrations; AutoEntry, Dext, Wagepoint, Hubdoc
About ALL ROUND RETAIL ACCOUNTING LTD
The company provide full cycle accounting services to a number of independent grocery stores as well as to “other” commercial clients. In addition we provide personal income tax services and payroll services to these clients. One of our main service is to process huge number of accounts payable invoices and cheque payments on a weekly basis for these clients.