Argus Machine Co. Ltd. is seeking 10 CNC Machining Tool Operators for its Edmonton and Nisku, AB operations to join our fast-paced, growing team. The successful candidate will be someone who takes pride in their work and is eager learn a new trade with ambition to advance within the company. Training on the job will be provided.
Role accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Interpret production order information, including part descriptions, material grade, documents and drawings.
• Read and interpret drawings and blueprints to operate CNC machines in a responsible, diligent and efficient manner. Update and sign off production orders as required.
• Understand the sequence of operations for a production order.
• Carry out work order instructions to program CNC machines to customer specifications.
• Set up, operate and monitor CNC machines, fixing programs during production runs as required. Use measuring tools, gauges and controls as required.
• Manufacture routine, complex and non-routine parts from raw materials.
• Use overhead cranes and pallet jacks to safely maneuver raw material/ finished product within the manufacturing plant. Handle materials and equipment with care to ensure raw materials are not damaged while being machined. Report any concerns to the Plant Supervisor.
• Complete work orders within deadlines, utilizing appropriate resources for each job. Plans and prioritizes workload, adjusting for problems and working with the Plant Supervisor to address them.
• Maintain the CNC Machine area and equipment daily. Report any concerns to the Plant Supervisor and Maintenance.
• Complete product documentation for work carried out. Route the product and related documentation to the appropriate location once completed.
• Record time and switch codes on the Blue Terminal, scan router operations, enter product quantity and consume parts.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years CNC machining experience.
• High school diploma.
• CNC Machinist/Operator ticket considered an asset.
• General knowledge of products and services in relation to the oil and gas industry.
• General understanding of safe work practices, Quality Assurance requirements, and Continuous Improvement (Lean Manufacturing) principles.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Shop floor environment, extended standing and working with products.
• Working wearing personal protective equipment 100% of work time.
• Lifting regularly up to 50 lbs. without mechanical assistance.
Wage: $26 per hour
Position: Full time (40 hours per week), day shift (7:15 am – 4:00pm) and night shift (4:00pm – 2:00am) available with occasional overtime
Health & Dental benefits are available after 90-days probationary term.
– 5820 97 St. NW, Edmonton, Alberta
– 2327 5 St., Nisku, Alberta
Language of Work: English
Youth, Indigenous people, and Newcomers to Canada are welcomed to apply.
Successful candidate may apply via email by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org