We are currently seeking 3 permanent full time Line Cooks for Black + Blue at 1032 Alberni Street, Vancouver, BC. The opportunity to grow and learn new skills excellent, as is cross training in various types of cuisine.
◦ Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
◦ Prepare and cook special meals as instructed by chef
◦ Supervise kitchen helpers
◦ May assist with inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
◦ May set up and oversee buffets
◦ May clean kitchen and work area
◦ May determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements, and monitor and order supplies
◦ May train kitchen staff
◦ Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
◦ FOODSAFE certified (within 2 weeks of employment)
◦ 2-3 years minimum experience in a similar environment
◦ Must possess a passion for food and developing knowledge of all cooking methods
◦ Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through as necessary
◦ A clear thinker, with the aptitude to remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment
◦ Capacity to work well under pressure, meeting production schedules and timelines for service periods
Ability to communicate in English
Three positions available at $20-22 per hour pending experience and skill. Permanent, full time (30-35 hours/week). Extended health and dental after 6 months. Training may take place at alternate location.
If you believe you are the person we are seeking, please send your resume via email to email@example.com noting Cook – Black + Blue in the subject line. Thank you in advance for your interest in joining the team, but please note only successful candidates will be contacted.