Columbia Containers has a unique opportunity for a Transportation Logistics Planner. Permanent, Full-time, 40hours a week.
Wage: $52,832 annually. You may be eligible to participate in the short-term incentive program. Short-term incentive payments are discretionary. Extended Healthcare; Dental care and vision care benefits after 3 months’ of employment.
The Transportation Logistics Planner is responsible for the effective daily transportation planning to meet plant production levels and timelines. He/she will also need to execute the daily trucking plan by coordinating the use of company drivers, owner operators and 3rd party truckers.
Areas of knowledge include vessel schedules, fleet optimization, asset utilization, driver labor, plant and rail constraints and management of 3rd party trucking companies.
Essential Job Functions of the Transportation Logistics Planner:
– Communications with port terminals, industry stakeholders, and container depots
– Schedule overload trucking requirements
– Assist in rate and service negotiations with overload drayage carriers
– Plan and secure reservations using various port terminal reservation systems. Monitor various port terminal web sites for vessel schedule changes and updates;
– Coordinates with Dispatch to plan drayage activity by equipment type to maximize fleet efficiency;
– Ensures optimal use of company assets, owner operators and 3rd party contractors in the most cost effective way;
– Ensure Columbia Fleet compliance with Port Metro TLS and Provincial Transport regulations;
– Establish and maintain positive working relationships with , customers, steamship lines, container depot, deep sea ports, Port Metro Vancouver and 3rd party trucking companies;
– Maintain a positive traffic flow through the yard by spacing out reservations and 3rd party trucking;
– Monitor and ensure bookings are loaded for the next day to avoid reservation penalties and dead runs;
– Attend daily operations meetings;
– Responsible for timely information updates to Columbia systems and internal stakeholders;
– Organizes documentation for drivers and 3rd party truckers;
– Updates daily trucking production documentation;
– Provides the first review of driver time sheets;
– Flexible work hours are required throughout the year, including working weekends or evenings.
– Able to multitask, adapt and execute sound business decisions in a stressful, dynamic and fast-paced environment;
– Strong communications, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
– Capable of critical and analytical thinking;
– Good organizational and time management skills;
– Solid computer skills – particularly in Microsoft Excel and Word;
Experience & Education:
– A minimum of one year work experience in Logistics, Dispatch or Operations Scheduling experience in trucking or in a fast-paced logistics operations environment (warehouse, trans-loading facility, manufacturing or distribution center);
– Experience working at a container or port operation; knowledge of terminal reservation systems, truck routes and container movement in the GVRD is an asset;
– Knowledge of Fleet Operations systems (an asset but not required);
– Grade 12 diploma is required; however, a diploma in Business Management, Logistics, Supply chain or Operations Management would be preferred;
– English language required;
How to Apply:
Please do not call or apply in person.
Please email resume to HR@columbiacontainers.com
Mail resume to:
Columbia Containers Ltd.
Attn: HR Department
Position applied: Transportation Logistics Planner
2319 Commissioner Street
*Please indicate in your resume whether or not you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada*