Dinesty Dumpling House is seeking two Cooks for our Burnaby location.
Permanent, full-time; $18.00 per hour plus gratuity; 40 hours per week.
Standard 8-hour shift for this position could be scheduled anytime between 11am and 9pm as required.
· Manage kitchen operations, including order priority, task assignment, and equipment functions;
· Train new kitchen staff and supervise assigned tasks;
· Monitor kitchen efficiency and evaluate productivity level during order preparations;
· Prepare dishes based on orders received;
· Marinade, clean, cut, and cook the right quantity of foods according to recipes and dietary requests;
· Ensure recipes, ingredient specifications, quality, and cooking times are correctly executed;
· Ensure proper receiving care is performed when handling raw ingredient deliveries;
· Monitor inventory level and waste control;
· Ensure food and dish quality is adhered with;
· Manage cleanliness, hygiene, equipment and tools;
· Assist with the development of new dishes and seasonal menu items, when required
· Secondary school completion preferred;
· Must have completed a college program in culinary arts or related field OR at least 3 years of relevant experience;
· Prior experience in kitchen management is an asset;
· English language is required;
How to apply:
*Please do not call or apply in person.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail resume to:
Dinesty Dumpling House
*Please confirm in your resume that you are legally authorized to work in Canada (i.e., either a permanent resident or citizen of Canada).