This is a full-time, permanent position where the successful applicant will be required to live on-farm at the job location, 230 Lariat Loop Springbank, AB T3Z 1G1.
Proposed wage is $22/hour for a 44-hour work week. Room and board provided.
The job duties for the proposed role are as follows:
– adhere to feeding, cleaning, and supplement schedules
– Maintain/assist with the maintenance of facilities including but not limited to cleaning stalls, barn, paddocks, pastures areas, boarder washrooms, and gathering area, fences and shelters.
– holding horses for vet or farrier
– assisting in the introduction of new horses.
– administering prescription medication
– general first aid treatment
– putting on blankets and fly mask as her barn protocol
– maintaining the riding arenas (watering and harrowing)
– check all horses for lameness, illness, common injuries or infections and inform the barn manager.
– maintain feeding and watering protocol for all horses and ensure requirements are met.
The following skills and experience are required for this position:
– 5-10 years of experience in horse care and first aid.
– Able to drive skid steer, mower, and quad,
– must be able to work alone,
– must be willing to work overtime (i.e.. doing night checks).
– must be able to communicate in English.
To apply, please submit a resume to the following: