Empirica Infrastructure Inc. is currently looking for a Construction Inspector to join us.
Permanent, Full-time, $30/hour, 40 hours/week.
• Conducting land surveys prior to construction.
• Reviewing blueprints and building plans.
• Checking foundation depth and the strength of construction materials.
• Inspecting the building structure, plumbing, electrical, sewerage, and heating systems for safety and specification compliance.
• Examining cranes and other lifting equipment.
• Maintaining daily construction logs and ensuring that the construction site adheres to all safety codes.
• Measuring dimensions to verify alignment, elevation, and leveling of the building.
• Monitoring plumbing, heating, and electrical installations.
• Issuing of violation notices and stop-work orders.
• Signing and issuing construction and occupation permits.
• Completion of secondary school is required;
• Minimum of 3 years experience in the trade or completion of a 2 or 3 year apprenticeship program;
• Undergraduate degree or diploma in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution considered an asset.
• English language is required;
• Knowledge of construction design techniques.
• Knowledge of construction materials, plumbing, electrical systems, heating systems, and sewerage systems.
• Advanced mathematical skills.
How to Apply:
Please do not call or apply in person.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
mail resume to:
1930 Powell St.
*Please confirm in your resume that you are legally authorized to work in Canada (i.e., either a permanent resident or citizen of Canada).