We are seeking a passionate, reliable, and full-time Home Support Worker to look after our senior dad. The Home Support Worker must be patient, sensible, compassionate and truly have a heart to care for seniors who require extra support, love and attention.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Duties include but not limited to:
– Provide hands-on care personal care and support, companionship, meaningful activities and conversation.
– Accompany at seniors’ activities to provide amusement and exercise, maintain safe and healthy environment inside the home.
– Supervise and care for elderly, assist in bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming and all aspects of personal care.
– Plan and prepare nutritious meals and serve.
– Perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
– Assist with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside, accompanying to and from activities, walks, running errands, physician’s appointments, and helping to get in and out of wheelchair-accessible vehicle, if necessary and if weather is good.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
– Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
– 1 year care-giving experience
– Must be able to communicate effectively in English
– Completion of a training program in care of the elderly or in a related field.
– First aid / CPR certification
– Must be able to work independently in an unsupervised setting.
– Employer: Fateh Virji
– Work Setting: Private home. Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
– Location: North Vancouver, BC
– Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Long-Term
– Hours of work: 40 hours per week.
– Schedule: Mondays through Fridays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
– Flexibility to work overtime, evenings and/or weekends, if required.
– Wages: $21.00 per hour (as per median wage).
– Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
– Insurance from Workplace Safety covered by employer
– 10 days of vacation as per provincial regulations.
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, etc.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.