Food Processing Labourer
The Company: Golden Valley Farms
Address: 50 Wells Street, Arthur, ON N0G 1A0
Location of work: Arthur, Ontario
Positions Available: 2
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $21.63- $25.75/hour (To be negotiated) + $1.00 shift premium afternoon shift 3:30pm – 12am
Benefits: Health care plan, Vision care benefits, Dental plan, Disability benefits, Life insurance
Terms of employment: full-time, permanent position
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Employment conditions: Overtime, day, evening, shift
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Transportation/Travel Information: Public transportation is not available
Work Setting: Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
Work Site Environment: Odours, cold/refrigerated, wet/damp
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Manual dexterity, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Physically demanding, Overtime required, Fast-paced environment, Attention to detail, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Handling heavy loads, Work under pressure
Personal suitability: reliability, team player
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Obtain Manufacturing Order (MO) from lead hand and follow the instructions listed.
- Enter job numbers on the computer to process over the scale and ensure that the product is being applied correctly, make changes to best before dates, case counts, weights and other necessary changes, and change labels as required, according to the MO
- Weigh the meat to ensure the weight is accurate according to the MO. Meat includes Turkey, Chicken, Beef and Pork.
- Inspect products for safety and quality standards
- Perform quality control check including completing sign off sheets to confirm work on product recording cycle numbers.
- Run product through metal detector and advise lead hand of any foreign materials detected in product in order to trigger further investigation
- Make boxes by taking a flat box and folding it together, fill totes and boxes, close the boxes and put through the tape machine, and label boxes and product if needed
- Remove the boxes from the line to the skid, stacking in an appropriate manner
- Perform packer duties on all lines. Rotate through different packaging lines, including Trio, Weber, Repak, Bacon, Cryo-vac and HPP packaging lines
- Assist and follow direction from lead hand and supervisor during shiftPractice good housekeeping throughout the shift and ensure work area is tidy and free of debris
- Working safely and in accordance with company safety policies and procedures, in addition to OHSA regulations
- Comply with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) regulations
- Follow the Company’s Quality Assurance Program in relation to this position i.e. HACCP program etc.
Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
How to apply: Apply by sending your resume
- by email to email@example.com
- by fax to 519-848-3470
- by mail (or in person) to 50 Wells Street, Arthur, ON N0G 1A0
We thank all applicants who applied for the position, however, only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you.