Grand River Foods is a leading food solutions company serving customers in the North American grocery and food service industry. As a member of the Sunrise Farm family, we remain as dedicated as ever to both, providing a quality work environment for our employees, as well as producing only the highest quality products for our customers. We are currently seeking for Food Processing Labourers to join our team on an urgent basis.
Company Name : Grand River Foods Ltd.
Job Title : Food processing Labourer (NOC 95106)
No. of openings : 75 positions
Job Type : Permanent, Full time
Employment conditions: Shift, Night (Night Shift: 10:30pm – 7:00am) & Union
Wages : $17.63/ hour for 40 hours a week
Job location : 31100 Wheel Ave, Abbotsford, BC
Benefits : As per the collective agreement, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Pension plan benefits, & Travel Benefits.
(All the details regarding the benefits will be discussed during the time of interview & orientation)
No degree, certificate or diploma
No experience required, we will provide training
Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
Work Site Environment
· Odours, Cold/refrigerated, Wet/damp
· Comfortable working in a wet, humid environment with exposure to temperatures ranging from -10° to 30°C
· Comfortable working around meat (handling using gloves, smells, etc).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Candidates must handle working under pressure in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail and hand-eye coordination skills. Also manage standing for extended periods of time.
Candidates must be reliable, flexible and be a team player
· Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
· Line Assembly —Assist in preparing lines for production (moving tables, conveyors, boxes)
· Remove filled containers from conveyors
· Manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers and also work with different machines during packing of the product (Ray Pack, Sealers)
· Packing products by weight or piece requirements as directed by the Production Manager/Supervisor
· Ensure that proper weighing and labelling of the product is done as per customer specifications
· Moving finished product and supplies with a manual/electric pallet jack.
· Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
· Maintain speed and accuracy of the production line
· Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties
· Clean machines and immediate work areas (All Packaging room employees are responsible for the general cleanliness of the department)
· Reporting all accidents and near misses to first aid & Supervisor
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
How to apply