GREEN UMBRELLA SENIOR CARE is looking for a Personal support worker – nursing care ( NOC 33102 ) to join our team. As a Personal support worker – nursing care, you will work one-on-one with seniors in their homes helping promote independence and allowing them the choice to live life on their terms.
Permanent, Full-time, $24 per hour; 30-40 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Answer call signals; supply and empty bed pans; bathe, dress and groom patients; serve meal trays, feed or assist in feeding of patients and assist patients with menu selection; weigh, lift, turn, and position patients; shave patients prior to operations; supervise patients’ exercise routines, set up and provide leisure activities for patients, accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort;
• Take patients’ blood pressure, temperature and pulse; report or record fluid intake and output; observe or monitor patients’ status and document patient care on charts; collect specimens such as urine, faeces or sputum; administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas and perform other procedures as directed by nursing and hospital staff;
• Administer, in emergency situations, first aid to injured or ill individuals within the scope of competencies;
• Transport patients by wheelchair or stretcher for treatment or surgery;
• Carry messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
• Make beds and maintain patients’ rooms;
• Maintain inventory of supplies;
• Provide companionship and care.
• Health Care Aide Certificate/HCA Certificate or 2+ years home care experience
• Equivalent Foreign LPN/RN designation may be considered.
• English language ability is required.
• Driver’s license and a car is an asset.
How to Apply:
*Please do not call or apply in person.
Please email resume to:
Mail resume to:
211-3030 Lincoln Avenue
*Please confirm in your resume that you are legally authorized to work in Canada (i.e., either a permanent resident or citizen of Canada).