We are seeking a skilled cook to join our team at our fish and chips restaurant in Bowmanville, Ontario. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and cooking a variety of seafood dishes, ensuring quality food presentation, and maintaining a clean and organized kitchen.
Other tasks include:
- Prepare and cook a variety of seafood dishes
- Ensure food is cooked to order and presented in a visually appealing manner
- Adhere to all food safety and hygiene standards, including proper storage and handling of food items
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen, including washing dishes, cleaning equipment, and sanitizing work surfaces
- Monitor size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Maintain inventory and record of food, supplies, and equipment
- Schedule and supervise kitchen staff including training in preparation, cooking, and handling of food
- Work collaboratively with other kitchen staff to ensure smooth operations during busy periods
- High school diploma or equivalent; or
- Completion of college or other program in cooking or food safety; or
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
Hours: 30+ hours per week
Start date: As soon as possible
Nice to have:
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
Work conditions and physical capabilities:
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Repetitive tasks.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Standing for extended periods.
- Handling heavy loads including lifting up to 50 pounds
Compensation: $16 per hour, 2 year contract
If you are a team player, reliable, organized and is legally authorized to work in Canada, then please submit your resumes with a cover letter and at least 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is open to all qualified candidates, including vulnerable youth, veterans, indigenous people, newcomers to Canada, and persons with disabilities.