KB Better Construction is a locally owned and operated company that has built a reputation in Regina and the surrounding area for their quality materials, workmanship, and a positive customer experience.
If you are a reliable and dependable individual with a strong work ethic, and you are passionate about providing quality service, we want you to join our team. We are currently seeking one experienced Drywaller to join our talented and passionate team in Regina on a permanent full- time basis. You will be required to travel to various residential and commercial locations in the city to carry out your duties.
· Install metal stud framing and furring for interior drywall or plaster walls and ceilings, using hand and power tools;
· Measure, cut and fit drywall sheets for installation on walls and ceilings;
· Prepare panels by sawing, drilling, or cutting holes in panels for electrical outlets, air-conditioning units and plumbing;
· Filling joints, holes and cracks with compound using a trowel and broad knife;
· Repairing cracks and any other damage to the drywall pane;
· Layering plaster or spackle with trowels to create a flat surface;
· Joining drywall panels using tape and plaster;
· Sanding down rough areas on the wall to create a smooth surface; and
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience
· Completion of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED);
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a drywall finisher, and completion of an apprenticeship or training program in drywalling/plastering, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
· Good knowledge of the tools, materials, and methods used in drywall and ceiling finishing.
· Ability to read, interpret, and follow blueprints, technical diagrams, and schematics
· Thorough understanding of drywalling/plastering principles, methods of installation and construction, materials, and techniques.
· Ability to comfortably and safely climb ladders, scaffolding and stairwells to work at heights;
· Demonstrated ability to operate hand, air, and power tools;
· Ability to perform repetitive actions for prolonged periods including: standing, climbing, bending, pulling, and kneeling;
· Strong reading, writing, and speaking skills (in English);
· Able to lift and move up to 100 pounds regularly;
· Demonstrate strong attention to detail;
· Strong listening, time-management, and communication skills; and
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as an essential part of a team.
What We Offer
Secure long-term employment
A supportive and welcoming work environment
Language Required: English
Wage: $26.00 per hour
Office Location: 1421 Edgar Street Regina, SK
To apply to this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org