Employer: Platinum Insulation Inc.
Address: 415 The Westway, PO Box 12569, Toronto, Ontario, M9R 4C7
NOC Group: Architectural technologists and technicians (2251)
NOC Job Title: Senior Architectural technologist
Positions available (1)
Terms of employment: Full time, Permanent
Language required: English
Expected start date: as soon as possible
Wage and benefits:
-$31.25 per hour
-10 days of paid holiday
-40 hours per week
One of Ontario’s largest and most reputable insulation contractors, With over 25 years of experience. We have installed insulation in the ICI and residential industry including unique, challenging and sensitive environments such as hospitals and data centers. Whether it’s new construction or a challenging retrofit, count on Platinum Insulation Inc. for a quality experience from concept to completion.
We are currently seeking a candidate for the position of Senior Architectural Technologist. The ideal candidate will be passionate about design, have strong technical abilities, with strong experience in an architectural practice. The ability to take a project from concept through design development into construction documentation in addition to contract administration is required.
· Assist the design team/lead efforts on the development of the design for different project types that constraining factor such as client requirements, site specific conditions, environment impact, local statutory requirements and project budget, etc.
· Presenting the draft design to the client and obtain the agreement
· Interpret building codes, municipal zoning and registered design guidelines, and related departmental policies and procedures
· Prepare architectural drawings using various drafting technologies
· Administrate the building contract and liaise / co-ordinate with Contractor and other profession
· Co-ordinate with other consultant like Building Services Engineer, Structural Engineer and Quantity surveyor
· Making regular site visit to ensure the development is built in good quality, the site is managed in good hand and in progress.
· To apply for planning approval / permission from corresponding government department and o apply for corresponding certificates from legal department for completion and habitable.
Skills & Employment requirements:
· An analytical mind with strong problem solving skills
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Familiar with MS Office Suite, Adobe and Auto-CAD design software
· Experience with Sketchup or 3dMax would be an asset
· Completion of a two- to three-year college program in architectural technology or a related subject is required; Master Degree in architectural technology is preferred.
· 3-5 years experience in drafting or construction
How to apply: By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender and ethnicity, as well as applications from underrepresented groups (aboriginal peoples, youth, older workers, persons with disabilities and recent immigrants). Selection will be based on merit alone. Only successful applicants will be contacted.