Job Title: Long haul truck driver
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night
Wage Rate: $27.00 Hourly, for 50.00 Hours per week, Overtime paid after 60 hours.
Anticipated Start Date (at the latest in 3 months): As soon as possible
Work Location Information: Various locations.
Education: Not required
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: No experience required. On-job training will be provided.
Type of Travel: Long-haul, Regional, Provincial/territorial.
Weight Handling: More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
• Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
• Loading and unloading of goods.
• Plan travel schedules and routes using atlases and other trip planning aids.
• Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
• Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
• Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test
Transportation/Travel Information: willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight and cross-border, valid driver’s licence
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory
Other: Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Employer: Starway Transport Inc.
How to Apply:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: 3586 Steelhead Court, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6X2