Sunny Oakridge Enterprise Ltd. is seeking a Montessori Assistant Teacher to join their team.
Permanent, full-time; $20.00 per hour; 37.5 hours per week. The candidate will also receive dental and health benefits after completion of 3 months’ probation period.
– Assist E.C.E. in creating a program plan that reflects children’s interest and responds to diverse individual and cultural needs;
– Participate in short and long term planning and evaluation activities; Assist the E.C.E in the observation and assessment of children’s progress and behaviour to ensure program meets individual and group needs;
– Assist the E.C.E in providing Individual program plans for children with special needs;
– Support, comfort and encourage children who are experiencing difficulties and help them to understand and handle their feelings;
– Guide and assist children in the development of independent eating, dressing and toileting habits;
– Ensure that the activity areas are appropriately equipped and maintained;
– Assist with maintenance of records related to student progress, including anecdotal reports to parents. Also in the administering, scoring & recording results of criterion referenced/teacher-made tests;
– Administrative and record keeping tasks where required;
– Cleaning and sanitizing tasks throughout the day;
– Perform other duties as required.
– Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate is required;
– Previous experience in child care is required;
– Criminal Record Check is required;
– English Language ability is required.
– Ability to communicate in an additional language is an asset.
How to apply:
*Do not call or apply in person.
Please email your resume firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail your resume to
Sunny Oakridge Enterprises
5668 Heather Street
*Please indicate in your resume whether or not you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.