We are looking for a new cook responsible for preparing fantastic dishes for our guests
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
· Determine the size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
· Clean, peel, slice, and trim foodstuffs using manual and electric appliances
· Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
· Use kitchen equipment to prepare food items
· Unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas
· Sweep and mop floors and perform other duties to assist chefs
· Oversee kitchen operations
· Maintain and stock inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
· Clean kitchen and work area
· Uphold sanitation and safety standards
· Report to and follow instructions as given by the executive chef
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions is required.
· Chinese cuisine cooking certificate is an asset.
· Knowledge of Cantonese cuisine is a plus
· Good understanding of food safety and handling
· Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
· Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
· Available to work evening shifts, weekends and holidays
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their resumes to: Bamboogrovehr@gmail.com.
Note: we thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or walk-in.
About Bamboo Grove Restaurant Ltd.
Our Bamboo grove Chinese Restaurant opened in 2014 to provide fine Chinese food. Since its opening, it has become the neighbourhood favourite and the place to go for Chinese cuisine. For many years, we have been dedicated to providing the most authentic Cantonese cuisine while inspired to bring in different techniques from around the world and draw inspiration from all cuisines.