Barburitto Rexdale – Food Service Supervisors (NOC 6311)
13343294 Canada Inc O/A Barburrito is actively looking to hire one (1) – Food Service Supervisor for a permanent, full-time position to work in our Etobicoke, Ontario location.
Location: 2261 Islington Ave, #103 Toronto, ON M9W 3W6
As a part of the Barburrito Rexdale management team, you will be responsible for leading and training the staff at our restaurant to deliver seamless guest experiences, maintain consistency in food preparation and oversee organization of supplies. You will also ensure that the highest standards of food quality and cleanliness are achieved. You are experienced at working in a fast-paced environment, a good communicator, and manager who is skilled at taking on multiple restaurant-related tasks to support the owner/senior management in day-to-day
operations. We take pride in having created an inclusive and respectful environment for our staff, and you will be expected to uphold the same values.
Job Duties: The Food Service Supervisor shall report directly to the senior management and be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
● Oversee preparation and serving of food by the staff and co-ordinate their day-to-day activities by establishing processes, preparing schedules and act as a link between the staff and senior management.
● Keep an inventory of food supplies and order raw materials/ingredients as needed with approval of the senior management.
● Ensure that the restaurant equipment is always in good working condition and that the restaurant including the washrooms are kept clean and tidy at all times.
● Train new staff members and ensure they are well acquainted with all the restaurant processes and policies.
● Conduct internal food quality inspections with the senior management and ensure that all the food safety standards and guidelines are met. Mentor the staff in relation thereto.
● Ensure overall smooth working of the restaurant.
● Report any customer or staff complaints to the senior management.
● Fill in for a staff member and assist in preparation of food, when required
5 to 10 people, Food and beverage servers, Food service counter attendants and food preparers, Staff in various areas of responsibility
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
● Experience in the food industry is considered an asset
● Supervisory or managerial experience in a similar role is considered an asset.
● Welcoming, Team Player, Organized, Reliable, Punctual, Responsible, Attention to detail, Dependable, Hygiene Conscious, Effective Communicator
Work conditions and physical capabilities:
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Standing for extended periods, Walking
**NOTE** This represents an overview of the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.
**NOTE** The hired candidate will be provided training regarding the restaurant’s policies, procedures, and expectations in the first month of employment and the two months thereafter will be probationary months.
Wage and Hours: $26.00 – $27.00 per hour, 30 – 40 hours per week, overtime pay after 44 hours per week.
Benefits: Food discounts, overtime pay.
If you wish to join our team, please submit your resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org