We are currently seeking 20 permanent full time Cooks for Black + Blue at our new location opening soon at 130 King Street West, Toronto, ON. Training may take place at alternate location – 1032 Alberni Street, Vancouver BC
Cooks perform some or all of the following duties:
– Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
– Prepare and cook special meals as instructed by chef
– Supervise kitchen helpers
– May assist with inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
– May set up and oversee buffets
– May clean kitchen and work area
– May determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements, and monitor and order supplies
– May train kitchen staff
– Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
– FOODSAFE certified (within 2 weeks of employment)
– 2-3 years minimum experience in a similar environment
– Must possess a passion for food and developing knowledge of all cooking methods
– Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through as necessary
– A clear thinker, with the aptitude to remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment
– Capacity to work well under pressure, meeting production schedules and timelines for service periods
-Ability to communicate in English
Three positions available at $20-22/hour pending experience and skill. Permanent, full time. Extended health and dental after 6 months of employment.
If you believe you are the person we are seeking, please send your resume via email to email@example.com noting Cook – Black + Blue Toronto in the subject line noting which location you are applying for.