– Knowledge of licensing regulations
– Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
– Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
– Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
– Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
– Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
– Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
– Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
– Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
– Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
– Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
– Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
– Organize physical and social environment to extend and expand children’s play experience
– Document children’s activities-display, records students’ developmental achievements
About CM Education Ltd.
• Completion of secondary school is required
• Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate program or post-secondary
courses in early childhood education may be required.
• Must have a ECEA license to practice in British Columbia
• Must have a First Aid Certification
• Must have a clear Criminal Record Check
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: Entry-Level
Education Required: High School
Overnight Travel: None
Vacation Time: 2 weeks / year
At CM Education Ltd our passion and belief is to help the individual child embrace their inquisitiveness and creativity through play based and natural play learning environments and activities. Our curriculum is based on inquiry and exploration with the goal of encouraging children to become life-long learners and to be curious about the world. CM Education Ltd children will discover the world and community around them through exploration and inquiry while building the knowledge and skills which will support them in the future.
Our schools are built on teaching children to have respect for themselves and others while ensuring every child has a positive fun, happy and rewarding school experience. Parents and teachers are genuine partners in the learning experience.