Ferron Black Painting is a locally owned and operated business that takes pride in offering superior service, quality workmanship, and a positive customer experience.
If you are a reliable and dependable individual with a strong work ethic, and you are passionate about providing quality service, we want you to join our team. We are currently seeking one experienced Painter to join our talented and passionate team in Calgary on a permanent full- time basis. You will be required to travel to various residential and commercial locations in the city to carry out your duties.
- Execute pre-painting activities, including cleaning, scraping, sanding, patching, caulking, and masking of adjacent surfaces prior to painting, papering, texturing, etc.;
- Apply paint or other materials such as stains, lacquer or varnish using brushes, rollers, or spray equipment;
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.;
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary;
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster);
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right colour or texture;
- Measuring, cutting, and applying wallpaper or fabric to walls;
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools;
- Prepare cost estimates for clients; and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Painter and completion of an apprenticeship or painting program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them;
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques;
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.);
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.;
- Ability to comfortably and safely climb ladders, scaffolding and stairwells to work at heights;
- Ability to perform repetitive actions for prolonged periods including standing, climbing, bending, pulling, and kneeling;
- Strong reading, writing, and speaking skills in English;
- Able to lift and move up to 100 pounds regularly;
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail;
- Strong listening, time-management, and communication skills; and
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as an essential part of a team.
What We Offer
Secure long-term employment
A supportive and welcoming work environment
Language Required: English
Wage: $24.57 per hour
Office Location: 82 Evansmeade Circle NW, Calgary Alberta
To apply to this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org