PERMANENT POSITION: Long Haul Truck Driver
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend
Wage rate: $27.50 hourly, 50.00 Hours per week. Overtime will be paid after 60 hours.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: 12180 Vickers Way, Richmond, BC, V6V 1H9 (Selected candidates would be working from various locations across Canada)
Number of positions available: 05
Education: High School an asset
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s Licence (Class 1, A and Z Preferred)
Experience: No experience required. We will provide 2 weeks of paid training to eligible candidates.
Languages: Basic Knowledge of English
Type of Travel: Long haul, regional, national
Documentation Knowledge: Driver’s logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports.
• Oversea Loading and Unloading of Goods
• Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks for transportation of goods and materials
• Plan travel schedules and routes and obtain required documentation to travel goods
• Perform any maintenance required.
• Drive as part of two-person team or convoy.
• Maintain Log book for each trip.
• Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of dump truck.
• Monitor vehicle performance, mechanical fitness and break adjustments.
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test.
Note: Candidate must wear steal toes, hard head and carry fire extinguisher while driving dump truck.
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Finding information, Significant use of memory, Continuous learning
Other: Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada. We welcome applications from Aboriginals and New Immigrants.
Benefits: We will provide $1000 reimbursement cost for relocation and transportation who join us from provinces other than British Columbia.
Employer: G & K EXCAVATION & DEMOLITION SERVICES LTD.
Yard Address: 12180 Vickers Way, Richmond, BC, V6V 1H9
Mail: 12180 Vickers Way, Richmond, BC, V6V 1H9