Katsu Heaven is looking for an experienced Cook to join our team.
Job Title: Cook (Permanent)
Employer: 1221398 B.C. Ltd. o/a Katsu Heaven
Working Location: 203 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5K2, Canada
Working Hours : 30-40hrs/ week (Full-time)
Wage: $16.50 to $18.00 /hr (to be negotiated) (Overtime will be paid at time-and-a-half after 8 hrs/day and after 40 hrs/week.)
Benefit: 10 days paid vacation or 4% vacation fee
Position(s) Available: 1
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Prepare and cook individual dishes according to the restaurant’s recipes
· Determine food presentation and decorative food displays
· Stock and maintain sufficient levels of inventory and food products
· Prepare ingredients and proper use of ingredients to minimize waste
· Maintain clean kitchen and work areas, and ensure proper food safety and health practices are followed
· Train kitchen staff on food preparation and handling.
· Completion of secondary school is required.
· Several years of commercial cooking experience are required. Or
Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks. Or
Completion of college or other program in cooking.
· Ability to communicate in English is required.
We thank you for your application; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org