- Designing curricula suitable for different age groups, especially focusing on early childhood classes to nurture a strong foundation in dance
- Instructing students in multiple dance forms including ballet, Chinese dance, Contemporary dance, and K-Pop.
- Guiding students through the syllabus of internationally recognized dance examinations, particularly in ballet and Chinese dance, ensuring they meet the required standards.
- Creating choreography that reflects the variety of dance styles offered at the academy for recitals, competitions, and performances.
- Leading dance classes for young children that focus on basic motor skills, rhythm, and creative movement, laying a foundation for future professional dance training.
- Regularly assessing students’ progress across different dance styles and providing feedback to help them improve their techniques and performance skills.
- Planning and coordinating dance shows and recitals, showcasing the diverse range of dance styles taught at the academy.
- Educating students on safe dance practices, injury prevention, and the importance of physical fitness in dance.
- Working with other dance instructors and academy staff to create a cohesive learning environment and interdisciplinary projects.
- Staying updated with the latest trends, techniques, and teaching methods in various dance styles through workshops, seminars, and continuous learning.
- Participating in community outreach programs and promotional activities as a dance instructor to attract new students and publicize the academy’s offerings.
- Handling administrative tasks related the role of a dance instructor, such as class schedules, , attendance, and communication with parents or guardians.
- Ensuring cultural authenticity and respect in the teaching of dances from various traditions and fostering an inclusive environment for all students.
- Overseeing the selection, care, and use of costumes and props relevant to different dance styles for performances and examinations.
- Providing mentorship to students, especially those aspiring to pursue professional careers in dance, and offering guidance on opportunities in the dance world.
- A University degree or College diploma in dance, performing arts, fine arts, or a closely related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in dance and dance instruction, with a focus on Classical Ballet and Classical – Chinese Dance styles
- Experience teaching dance to children and young adults.
- Experience in stage dance performances is required.
- Experience in choreographing original dance pieces is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with other artists and contribute creatively to the development of new works.
- Maintenance of the required levels of physical ability and fitness to perform complex dance routines.
- Strong ability to work effectively as part of a team, contributing positively to group dynamics and collaborative projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex dance techniques and artistic concepts to students and collaborators of varying skill levels.
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent and Full-time position: 40 hours/week
- Wage: $36/hour
- Overtime: $54/hour over 40 hours/week
- Paid time off: 2 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Work Location: In-person at 7857 6th Street, Burnaby BC V3N 3N4
- Hours of work: Mondays to Fridays – 3:00 pm to 9:30 pm Sundays – 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Language – English (Required)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: https://vpdance.ca/
About Phoenix Dance and Music School
Phoenix Dance School was founded by the young dance performance artist, Ms. Siting, who also serves as the school’s principal and artistic director. Both she and the students at the school have been invited on numerous occasions to participate in various events, celebrations, and festival performances within the province of British Columbia, achieving outstanding results.
The mission of Phoenix Dance School is to establish a comprehensive dance academy that provides high-quality artistic education services to students of all ages and various artistic disciplines. The school offers graded courses in Chinese dance and ballet, as well as a variety of courses such as Contemporary dance, flexibility, Korean dance, Latin dance, yoga, and posture training. These courses are designed to enable students to achieve holistic improvements in physical and mental well-being, temperament, and artistic expertise.