Pokey Okey Hornby is seeking an experienced Food Service Supervisor to join our Hornby team.
This is a permanent, full-time position; 40 hours per week; compensation includes $52,000 per year with a free meal each shift, and full benefits (extended health, AD&D, life insurance, vision, and dental) which kick in after the 3-month probation period.
Standard 6.5-8 hour shifts for this position could be scheduled anytime between 8:00am and 10:30pm, as required.
– Preparing poke bowls for dine-in, takeout, and online customers;
– Preparing the seafood, meat, and vegetables that are used to make bowls;
– Opening and closing the restaurant, as needed;
– Supervising and assisting with scheduling other kitchen staff;
– Resolving customer complaints and inquiries;
– Providing on-the-job training for new kitchen staff as well as senior staff being promoted;
– Placing and receiving daily supplier orders;
– Maintaining records of food wastage;
– Ensuring that food and service meet sanitation, health and quality control standards.
– Full time availability
– Secondary school completion preferred;
– Either: completion of a college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management, or a related field; OR at least 1 year of experience in food preparation or service;
– Prior experience in supervising is an asset;
– Prior experience as a barista, bartender, or poke server is an asset;
– English language ability is required.
How to apply:
*Please do not call or apply in person.
Please email resume to: email@example.com
Mail resume to:
Pokey Okey Hornby
995 Hornby Street
*Please confirm in your resume that you are legally authorized to work in Canada (i.e., either a permanent resident or citizen of Canada).”
About Pokey Okey Hornby
Best Poke Bar in Vancouver
Build-Your-Own and Vegan Options Available
We specialize in Hawaiian poke bowls that satisfy your cravings and meet your fitness goals.