Railtown Café & Catering is looking for an experienced Pastry Cook to join the team! You will work alongside talented chefs and staff to foster a fun and friendly environment for our customers.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company to display your passion and creativity for desserts and pastries. It is a Monday to Friday daytime position with occasional flexibility when required.
The position is full-time; permanent; $19-$20 per hour (to be negotiated); 40 hours per week. Extended Health Benefits after 6 months.
The Pastry Cook will have the following responsibilities and duties:
· Prepare variety of desserts: plated, café style, cakes, and pastries;
· Assist menu planning and staff training;
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness of all pastry and bakery kitchen equipment;
· Maintain exceptional cleanliness of kitchen space;
· Carefully wrap and store all food items, labels all stored items, and ensure proper product rotation using first in/first out procedures (FIFO);
· Responsible for communicating openly and thoroughly with supervisors, and for bringing any and all concerns to supervisor’s attention immediately;
· Other duties as assigned;
Qualifications and Experience:
· A minimum 3 years of experience in pastry driven operation, preferably in fine dining;
· Continuous research and design of new creations of desserts and pastries;
· Good understanding of catering, boutique, and restaurant type businesses;
· Self-motivated with demonstrated strong leadership, organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills;
· Detail oriented, ability to perform tasks in a timely manner;
· English language is required;
How to apply:
*Please do not call or apply in person.
Please email resume to: email@example.com
OR mail resume to:
Railtown Cafe and Catering
397 Railway Street,
*Please confirm in your resume that you are legally authorized to work in Canada (i.e., either a permanent resident or citizen of Canada)