TAVO Stone Contracting Inc. is seeking a Tile Setter.
Permanent, full-time; 40 hours per week; $26.50 per hour.
– Align and straighten tile and stone using levels, squares and straightedges;
– Cut, dress and install both thin veneer and full stone in random, ashlar, and ledge patterns;
– Determine and implement the best layout to achieve a desired pattern;
– Cut and shape tile to fit around obstacles and into odd spaces and corners, using hand and power cutting tools;
– Finish and dress the joints and wipe excess grout from between tiles, using damp sponge;
– Apply mortar to tile back, position the tile and press or tap with trowel handle to affix tile to base;
– Mix, apply, and spread plaster, concrete, mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives to form a bed for the tiles, using brush, trowel and screed;
– Prepare cost and labor estimates based on calculations of time and materials needed for project;
– Follow blueprints to measure and mark surfaces to be tiled;
– Prepare surfaces for tiling;
– Build under beds, install anchor bolts, wires, and brackets;
– Remove and replace broken tiles;
– Perform finishing duties to ensure quality of work.
– Minimum three years of previous work experience in a related field;
– Must have expert knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the trade;
– Trade certificate in BC is an asset;
– Red Seal endorsement is an asset;
– English language ability is required.
How to apply:
*Please do not call or apply in person.
Please email resume to: email@example.com
OR mail resume to :
TAVO Stone Contracting Inc.
2537 Dahlia Crt
*Please confirm in your resume that you are legally authorized to work in Canada (i.e., either a permanent resident or citizen of Canada).