Tender Treasures Montessori School – Early childhood educator (ECE)
Location: Woodbridge, ON, L4L 5Y3
Salary: 20.00 hourly; 30 to 40 hours per Week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment; Full time, Day
Start date: Starts as soon as possible.
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Education: Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
• Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
• Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
• Order supplies and equipment
• provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
• Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
• Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
• Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
• Establish guidelines for behaviour
• Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
• Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
• Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses : Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
Work conditions and physical capabilities
• Attention to detail
• Combination of sitting, standing, walking
• Bending, crouching, kneeling
• Efficient interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral communication
• Excellent written communication
• Interpersonal awareness
• Team player
• Values and ethics
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
• You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
• You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org