Yamato Trading Co Ltd. is an importer and wholesaler of Japanese and other Asian food products and restaurant supplies.
They are seeking a Food Buyer for their Vancouver office.
Permanent, Full time, $24.04/hour, 30-40 hours/week. Bonus based on Sales Performance.
• Ensure purchase orders are completed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and contract terms (i.e. price, time, freight, customs, etc.);
• Develop and measure key performance indicators to track, evaluate, and assist in assessing the effectiveness of the ordering, replenishment, and demand management functions, and to work towards continuous improvement;
• Being competitively aware, through a comprehensive understanding of the market, trends and pricing;
• Develop new sources and manage contacts include an emphasis on cost saving, quality, service, and continuous improvement;
• Maintain purchasing procedures and specifications in conjunction with Production and QA requirements;
• Issue, track, and verify all purchase orders for accuracy and ensure all documentation is complete, accurate, and submitted in a timely manner;
• Foster good relationships with all domestic and international suppliers;
– Resolve Vendor or Contractor grievances and claims against Suppliers;
• Negotiate with Japanese and other Asian vendors to purchase and import quality food products with optimized costs;
• Respond to sales requests for assistance in promotions and marketing initiatives;
• Secondary school diploma completion is required;
• Minimum of 2 year experience working in the food industry required;
• Japanese language skills are an asset;
• English language skills are required.
How to apply
Do not call or apply in person*
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail your resume to:
Yamato Trading Co.
1050 Parker St.,
*Please confirm in your resume that you are legally authorized to work in Canada (i.e., either a permanent resident or citizen of Canada).